Sdporter’s FN Snover Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Sdporter was kind enough to send his Flat Nose Snover Bullet mold up to me so I could cast, and try them. This is a DARN GOOD Looking Bullet :lewis:

I Cast These first few of Certified PURE Lead to try first, they Weigh 499 Grains. I will cast another Quick Batch of these using 1-20 Alloy. I really like the looks of this Bullet! Stacey Cuts an AWESOME Bullet Mold :lewis:
QiJHistm.jpg

arTDa2Fm.jpg

Sdporter was kind enough to send his Flat Nose Snover Bullet mold up to me so I could cast, and try them. This is a DARN GOOD Looking Bullet :lewis:

I Cast These first few of Certified PURE Lead to try first, they Weigh 499 Grains. I will cast another Quick Batch of these using 1-20 Alloy. I really like the looks of this Bullet! Stacey Cuts an AWESOME Bullet Mold :lewis:
QiJHistm.jpg

arTDa2Fm.jpg
Man, they sure do look GREAT! They look like Missles and I'm sure they'll hit like one as well! :lewis: Good Job Stacy! Looks like you'll be giving Accurate Molds some competition! :D

Man, they sure do look GREAT! They look like Missles and I'm sure they'll hit like one as well! :lewis: Good Job Stacy! Looks like you'll be giving Accurate Molds some competition! :D
Thanks Ed and Lewis. I appreciate the compliments.
I could never compete, not would I try, because all my machines are manual. It takes me hours compared to minutes, to cut a mould.
I know (at least I think I do) that the programming takes a while on a CNC machine, but once it’s saved, a couple of button pushes and you can cut the same part quite rapidly.
I also struggle with alloy shrinkage and knowing how much oversized to cut the blocks. It’s simply trial, error, and a semi-educated guess. I always err on the large side, or try to anyway, cause it’s a lot easier to punch one down a couple thou, than to try and swage it up.
Hope they shoot good for you Lewis!!
I haven’t had a chance to play with it much yet.
Initial outings, it show’s some real promise.

I didn’t check Diameter? I already sized the few i cast above to .449 to ”Land Ride” in my 1:20 Twist Rice Barrel. When i cast more of 1-20 Alloy i will measure Diameter and post back

Latest posts

Back