Sdporter’s FN Snover Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I finally got a Chance Between Rain & Wind to shoot these @sdporter FN Snover Style Bullets from the Mold Stacey Made. I cast the First batch of PURE Lead, Due to the Long Streamline Nose I was Quite skeptical about them doing their best here, But i had to try anyway. My Skepticism turned out to be correct.

Rifle was my TC Hawken, With 1:20 Twist Rice Barrel, Powder Charge was 80 Grains by Weight of Swiss 2F

The Bullet again, AWESOME Looking Bullet! Cast of Pure Lead they weighed right at 500 Grains (499)
BqHDQun.jpg

xGs3lBe.jpg

3 Shot Group 55/60 Yards, PURE Lead.
zJzW4j0m.jpg

And Cast of 1-20 Alloy, I had a Hunch this Bullet would do it’s best here ;) This is a FINE Bullet Stacey! Both of your Snover Designs have proven to be Winners :lewis:
RiQIkgV.jpg

Nice shooting Lewis! You were spot on with the alloy theory!

I’m assuming the NASA lube started to smell a little after you added your ingredient? 😁 It’s amazing how a little harder lead could make such a difference in the groups.

Bullet Lube can make a BIG Difference in Accuracy as well, REALLY BIG

I went from this
hS1tlv5.jpg

To this, the ONLY Difference in these 2 Targets was the Bullet Lube. Both Groups were shot Back to Back, Same exact Bullet all Cast the same session, Same Wool felt Over powder Wad, and Same 80 Weight Grains of Swiss 2F Powder. Again, the ONLY difference was the Bullet Lube.
yuKBRsN.jpg

Back