Second shot scores with the T/C Encore. 10/15/05

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
It was a great morning in PA for Deer hunting. Me and my son headed to our hunting spot at 6:30AM this morning. It was about a 15 minute walk from the car. We were sitting in our spot at 6:45AM. All of a sudden there is a bunch of Grunting going on. It is still really dark out. I open up my BackPack and grab my Leupold Binoculars. What a surprise. I was able to see all the Deer out in this meadow/field with these Binoculars. So at 7:15AM it was alot lighter out now. There is a big Doe out there at 175yds. My son wants to shoot it. I said how well can you see it? He said really good. The 250grn XTP is 1 1/2 inches high at 100yds. I said aim high on the shoulder and dont flinch. Well, that didnt work. He missed. The Deer ran towards him 40yds closer. Now it's at 135yds. He say's shoot it Dad. :shock: I got a brand new Savage in my hand that hasnt been to the range yet. I did shoot it behind my house at 30yds to get it on the paper. It was 2inches high at 30yds. :oops: :) The Deer was looking stright at me. There really was no way to make a bad shot. Okay, look out son. I leaned up against the tree and pulled the trigger. The little Doe ran about 30yds and died. Now the big Doe is still there and the Encore is loaded again. My son shot this one at 125yds and it went about 30yds and died. Two Dead Deer in the first 15minutes. A great day of hunting it was. The Baby Doe is mine. :oops: :)
TC103.jpg

TC107.jpg

TC105.jpg

Father and Son hunt is great!!! I'm really looking forward to that... Congratulations Tom.

All of a sudden there is a bunch of Grunting going on.

Didn't you bring toilet paper? :mrgreen:

SERIOUSLY...Good you and your son are going hunting. My family went at LEAST every Saturday during squirrel and deer season. That's the only way to do it!

GREAT JOB! :yeah:

Latest posts

Back