Self-Adhesive Labels for Vial Caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
I just received my 4 dram glass vials from Discount Vials this afternoon.

After capping all 144 vials, and installing them in 6 MTM shotshell boxes, I realized that I had forgotten some way to mark each vial with the amount of propellant that was contained in the vial.

The vials come with black, lab grade, plastic caps.The top of the cap has a circular surface approximately 11/16" in diameter that a label might be attached to.

Does anyone here know of a source for round, peel-off, self-adhesive labels? I would need a label that was 1/2"-5/8" in diameter, preferably 5/8".

As a chef, we used to use color coded date dots in restaurants to tag foods so that you could track when something in a walk-in refrigerator was cooked. Only problem is those self-adhesive date dots are too large for the caps on these vials.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yard sale tags at one of the craft stores???

Edit: I know for certain that the craft stores sell those small sticky dots and in different colors. Might even find them at walmart and such....

I use the different color tops on Lane's tubes for specific charges.

Last edited:
Found them!!!!

Royal Green, 15mm round, self-adhesive dots. In 20 colors. I'll buy the white ones. 20 sheets/ 77 dots per sheet/ 1540 dots total

Amazon, not Prime, $6.99 + free shipping

Now, I just wished they still made those tool boxes with the drawer underneath to tote the loaded vials to the range in.

I have not yet found anything online to compare to the Bostitch/ Stanley tool box that you have.

I use these Avery labels and I think they still make them.

Attachments

• 4387FE4F-CD11-4C5E-9FD2-5CE5E7F01242.jpeg
    4387FE4F-CD11-4C5E-9FD2-5CE5E7F01242.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
I use this for a range bag. Zippers and pockets everywhere!! Cabela's Catch-All Gear Bags : Cabela's

I put my chrony in the large compartment along with boxes of ammo. Loaded powder tubes go in the left zipper pocket. Cleaning supplies go in the right zipper pocket. Primers and funnel go in the mesh pocket on the inside of the "lid" of the main compartment.

Shoulder strap and carry straps both.

Usually can be found on sale for $9.99.

Ive got a roll of labels for a barcode printer that i use to label the vial containers and boxes of shotshells ive loaded. I just cut them down into 1/4's for individual tubes. I get them at Staples.

Back