SG Series WhiteLighting .504 Closet queen S# 76x

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SG Series WhiteLighting .504 S# 76x is one of my closet Queens. I belong to the train as your going to war group. Ie Practice for hunting as your going to hunt. Same weapon same methods. The bolt and the safety being opposite of my other two whites, just didn't set well with me. I'm a muscle memory guy. Yes I've been known to impulse buy. So what are the selling points of this ML? Besides WHITE? I see the receiver and barrel are one unit, a major plus. I thought it was a lefties gun. When I purchase toys, it goes into one of two piles, keep and other.
Feel free to educate me on its virtues. I have not fired it

They are supposed to be very accurate like most White's. I had one bought on gunbroker was advertised as in great shape, it wasn't, sent it back. Only problem I'm aware of is the Myrtle wood stock is prone to breaking at the wrist area.

Wasn't the myrtle stock fix to drill and insert wooden dowel...
Yep. That was the more common solution . Better to do it ahead of time. Mine when i received it in the mail was completely splintered. I personally think the guy sold it to me that way since the box wasnt all beat up . But they definitely are prone to splinter in the wristb

The Lightning is the noticeably lighter than any other White. It carries easily and comes up fast.
I find it a joy to hunt with. I own 5 Whites including a Whitetail and a Super 91in 45. I hunt with
the Lightning. Yes the safety and cocking handle are reversed but I’m righted handed and the
cocking handle faces away from me and doesn’t dig in.
I should say I have 4 Whites. When I gave my girlfriend a choice of MLs to hunt with she chose
the Lightning and we now consider it hers. Scoped it weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces.
I had to buy another to hunt with! Thank you Sabotloader from this forum!
I keep the loads light using 80 to 90 grains of 3f BP and saboted bullet of 250 to 300 grains.
75 yards is a long shot where we hunt.
Here‘s the girlfriend with her first ML deer. One shot in the boiler room at 60 yards DRT.BEE4EFCD-9D1E-4B68-B928-3BB8F875C057.jpeg

Great to see girlfriends and wife’s out there hunting with you. Just as long it doesn’t interfere with your hunting! 😁
By the way, nice size doe. :lewis:

My other two whites .504 love 435 Grain Power Star sabot (Black ) and the heavier straight lead. Is the twist different? I want to make sure I set aside bullets for it.

SG Series WhiteLighting .504 S# 76x is one of my closet Queens. I belong to the train as your going to war group. Ie Practice for hunting as your going to hunt. Same weapon same methods. The bolt and the safety being opposite of my other two whites, just didn't set well with me. I'm a muscle memory guy. Yes I've been known to impulse buy. So what are the selling points of this ML? Besides WHITE? I see the receiver and barrel are one unit, a major plus. I thought it was a lefties gun. When I purchase toys, it goes into one of two piles, keep and other.
Feel free to educate me on its virtues. I have not fired it
Just reading this older post and wondering if you still had your White SG Series White Lightning?
I'd really be interested in buying it your interested in selling. Thanks for your time. Tad

Latest posts

Back