Shiras peas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
G'day all,

Middle of winter here at moment so things grow slow and the chooks aren't laying much.

My red shiras peas are coming into flower and look mighty beautiful I reckon.

Picked some bok Choi and got one egg for pad kra pao tonight.

20200724_173814.jpg20200724_173720.jpg

Pretty cool. We put tomatoes and cucumbers in back in April. The Mrs has made pickles and tomato sauce.
All the plants are pretty much done now and we'll be replanting the garden with turnips and potatoes for the cooler months ahead.

I've tried Bok Choi here but didn't have any success growing it. I love the stuff. I buy it at a local Asian food store, separate the leaves while rinsing then eat them with ranch dip much like celery. Excellent snack food.

I've tried Bok Choi here but didn't have any success growing it. I love the stuff. I buy it at a local Asian food store, separate the leaves while rinsing then eat them with ranch dip much like celery. Excellent snack food.

I don't find it too hard, just a good potting mix with some compost and give it a good amount of water. I give it a light feed with a seaweed fertilizer once every 7-10 days. I grow my veg organic so I also add in a little eco oil when feeding to keep pests at bay.

Haven't tried it as a snack but I must do so sounds good! I use it for all of my asian cooking.

Latest posts

Back