Shooting a Western DISC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Had a little time this morning so I made a run for the farm. When I got to the farm the temp was 55 and warming quickly. When I left it was already 70 and getting hotter quickly!

I had made basically this same shoot a day or two ago but I made a change in the rifle I wanted to see if it made a difference for me.

Friday - I discovered a couple of things... with open sights and shooting Orange Clay Pigeons - I had a couple problems! At 100 yards the birds are much smaller than when shooting with a scope and the bigger problem it was really hard to see the location of the Red front sight on the Orange bird. I decided after the Friday shoot I would change the Red Fiber Optic to Green.

So I went from this:

Front_Bead.jpg

To this

Green_Fiber.jpg

Today - this morning, and for myself, this made a huge difference in my sight picture. There was a definite difference between the sight and the target. It didn't do a darn thing for the size of the bird @ 100 yards but I really could see where the front sight was on the bottom of the bird.

Collection of pics of this mornings shoot...

6-10_Shoot.jpg

And basically the same work area as last week.

Work_Area.jpg

Back