Shorty .54 Renegade new sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean
I have a renegade that I put a 58 Colerain 1-32 twist barrel on. I am damn glad that I removed the steel butt plate and replaced it with a Decelerator pad. 620 gr. maxi ball and 110 T7 2F. I only shot that load twice.
Yeah Ive shot a lot of hard kicking loads in 12 ga shotguns such as 3 in slugs and while recoil was very heavy I could hold onto the gun and control it.. I think the grip on the Renegade makes it hard to grip under heavy loads cause it sure punishes your hand.. I put a slide on limbsaver pad on mine those steel butt plates are killer.

Was sitting here bored and had a idea, took some old scope mounts and tried to match them up with hole pattern from mounting holes of old see thru mounts that were on Renegade.. after about a hr of fiddling found a set from a old CVA Musket Mag that had a scope on it..cleaned up holes with alchohol then loctited mount screws..put a Burris Fastfire III on it should now will be a killer close range gun...View attachment 18648
I did that to a .50 New Englander with a section of an EGW Omega rail and Sig Romeo 5 optic… Took a couple of deer with it. Worked great.

Was sitting here bored and had a idea, took some old scope mounts and tried to match them up with hole pattern from mounting holes of old see thru mounts that were on Renegade.. after about a hr of fiddling found a set from a old CVA Musket Mag that had a scope on it..cleaned up holes with alchohol then loctited mount screws..put a Burris Fastfire III on it should now will be a killer close range gun...View attachment 18648
THAT is a primo dark timber stalking weapon right there. Kill anything you hit with it too.

There won't be any nasty gashes above the eye with that set up regardless of how heavy you load it.

Latest posts

Back