Shot the Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
Got to shoot a few thought the Encore yesterday evening. Main goal was to get a few shots over the chronograph and see where I was at. 7 shots, all with 58 gr. H4198, 275 gr. Fury Star tip over a .060 veggie wad. I’m going to try to attach the report generated by the chrono. Let me know if it doesn’t work. EE96D6C6-081A-4C5F-967B-9794398E8DA8.jpeg

First shot was still loaded from last year's deer season. Chrono showed 373? Figured that probably wasn't correct. Adjusted the chrono and tried again.

Shots 2-5 were good. Shot 4 where the velocity jumped felt good but loaded easier than any others. The others all felt about the same.

Shot 6 didn’t register on the chrono. I know for sure I pulled the shot. I believe it’s the high shot in the group.

One primer left on the bench so I took a shot at the 150 yard gong. Hit was good.

Good night shooting.

Attachments

• 61321.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 25
I’m shooting the ASG Brux 1-20 twist. Length escapes me at the moment but I want to say it’s 25”? If I ever shoot BH209 again I’ll shoot it over a chrono. At this time I don’t have any plans to shoot BH209. I have a few lbs of smokeless to keep me busy and no BH209. If it becomes more readily available I may give it a shot.

I would love to see what your velocity is using BH 209. We can't use smokeless here in NM. I'd also like to know what barrel you're using.
ASG/MGM has a video up with a very similar rifle using BH209. They are getting 2150fps+ with a 300gr bullet.

Back