Simple & Easy Deer Jerky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Reaction score
I got this recipe from a friend who does quite a bit of cooking, grilling, smoking and canning wild game;

3 simple ingredients; Deer, low sodium soy sauce and Mrs Dash

I used loin, but he typically uses roast or some other cut as the "back straps" are too precious to him for grilling. Cut meat into thin strips 1/4 inch or so. Marinade overnight in the low sodium soy sauce. Place meat on racks and sprinkle with Mrs Dash. I cooked mine on a pellet grill on smoke at 150 temp for 4.5 hours or until it dry enough to kind of break when bent. If it bends without separating or breaking it is not done. Cook time may differ depending on method / grill / oven used.

We had a bit of a gathering when my son came home from the USAFA for the holidays. The jerky and 6 grilled pizzas along with some festive beverages all disappeared. Several folks told us it was the best jerky they had ever eaten. Surprising to me...it was the 1st jerky I ever made!

waarp8nt said:
I got this recipe from a friend who does quite a bit of cooking, grilling, smoking and canning wild game;

3 simple ingredients; Deer, low sodium soy sauce and Mrs Dash

I used loin, but he typically uses roast or some other cut as the "back straps" are too precious to him for grilling. Cut meat into thin strips 1/4 inch or so. Marinade overnight in the low sodium soy sauce. Place meat on racks and sprinkle with Mrs Dash. I cooked mine on a pellet grill on smoke at 150 temp for 4.5 hours or until it dry enough to kind of break when bent. If it bends without separating or breaking it is not done. Cook time may differ depending on method / grill / oven used.

We had a bit of a gathering when my son came home from the USAFA for the holidays. The jerky and 6 grilled pizzas along with some festive beverages all disappeared. Several folks told us it was the best jerky they had ever eaten. Surprising to me...it was the 1st jerky I ever made!

waar, Try that same thing with equal parts Worchester, Soy, and Teriyaki if you like it, and lemon pepper. Marinate overnight and cook the same way on your grill. That is a base jerky recipe i have used a LOT over the years.

Idaholewis said:
waar, Try that same thing with equal parts Worchester, Soy, and Teriyaki if you like it, and lemon pepper. Marinate overnight and cook the same way on your grill. That is a base jerky recipe i have used a LOT over the years.

I will give that a try if the weather ever breaks around here.

Latest posts

Back