Sis saw the elephant...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When she came for a visit, she wanted to go hunting with me. To see what the fuss was about.
Took an hour and a half to get to my spot, and we saw deer immediately.
They had seen us, and wouldn't come closer than 125 yards. 150 is my personal max due to trajectory. But she kept telling me to " Take the shot!"
It was a tad frustrating having 5 deer oh so close, but not quite close enough...
I had her walk away, deer can't count, and once she got about 50 yards away, the deer came a runnin'.
One stopped about 75 yards out and I figured close enough.
It spun just as the sear tripped. The round hit the right flank and exited the poop chute.
DROP. But head up and looking around. No distress calls though. As if " This is a nice spot".
Sis comes back all excited. I reloaded and walked up to count coup on him ( button as I later found out). He wobbled up as the spinal shock wore off, and tried to run. Looked like a baby giraffe.
BOOMflop.
#2 went in behind the left shoulder and exited the right ribs. The ball on his side is actually intestine, should've been lung, that somehow caught a ride on the 250 grain XTP.
The lungs were toast as was the liver. Can not figure the lines of penetration. Most bizzare.
Anyway, Sis was happy with the experience and this one is a plump tasty indeed! Almost veal. The burger had no pork added and it's the " other white meat".
Calico's 4th deer in 3 years.
GOOD girl!

Attachments

• 20221015_074043.jpg
    20221015_074043.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221019_131432.jpg
    20221019_131432.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back