Sizing dies

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you knurled the .503's up with some files?
The Fury’s are basically a .500 diameter bullet that is knurled up to a maximum of .503. I have not tried to knurl them even more. I have limited samples but when I do sort this out and order some they will be .503 diameter for sure. Perhaps at that point I could attempt to increase them a thou or so more.

Might try a couple wraps of Plummer’s tape (Teflon), just a thought.
Certainly worth a try. Cold weather forecast for Friday so if the planets align properly I should get a chance to have another go at it. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

I'm resizing my bullets to .503 also, found it a perfect fit for one of my Whitelignts and a little loose in the other (pink Teflon tape one time around makes everything good). Have fun and keep shooting safely. :snipe:

Question,.... those of you that are sizing jacketed bullets or solid copper using a sizing lube, after sizing and wiping them clean with a cloth. Is there a benefit to completely degreasing them, using acetone or other solvents? I’m speaking of land riders.

Question,.... those of you that are sizing jacketed bullets or solid copper using a sizing lube, after sizing and wiping them clean with a cloth. Is there a benefit to completely degreasing them, using acetone or other solvents? I’m speaking of land riders.
Another great excuse for me to go to the range Sunday.

I do not know if there is a benefit or not but after sizing I always clean them of any lube. I just think I need them clean in the bore for everything to work right. Never tested them unclean.

Back