Sizing.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that feeling all too well. My job requires my hands be wet with 99% isopropyl every day. My first year doing this line of work was at times miserable for my hands.

I know that feeling all too well. My job requires my hands be wet with 99% isopropyl every day. My first year doing this line of work was at times miserable for my hands.
See if your workplace will use this instead. Used it many times each day without skin cracking...

1668286060316.png

I’ll look into it. Safety department usually gets anything requested. Unfortunately I have to use 90-99% isopropyl but it’s not for sanitizing anything. Fiber optics have to be as clean as possible before it is spliced and isopropyl is industry standard with 99% being the best with the least amount of water in it. Water causes reflection with the glass in fiber and will effect equipment/systems.

I tried everything for dry hands/cracking to no avail until I met my wife. She was a bee keeper and said use pure honey and the problem was solved. Nothing else comes close IMHO.

Louie

I’ll look into it. Safety department usually gets anything requested. Unfortunately I have to use 90-99% isopropyl but it’s not for sanitizing anything. Fiber optics have to be as clean as possible before it is spliced and isopropyl is industry standard with 99% being the best with the least amount of water in it. Water causes reflection with the glass in fiber and will effect equipment/systems.
Wow...learned something new...did not know that about water and fiber optics. Then again, there's a whole website devoted to the dangers and toxicity of Dihydrogen Monoxide....

Wow...learned something new...did not know that about water and fiber optics. Then again, there's a whole website devoted to the dangers and toxicity of Dihydrogen Monoxide....
That water will get ya every time. lol

Back