Small Rifle Primers Available Now at MidwayUSA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check on 5 big sites every morning for primers. Mainly looking for Large magnum pistol for my .44 and have been successful in getting a few thousand lately. Primers of all sorts are popping up fairly regularly. Brownells has had 209's in stock for about a month straight now. Hopefully, this is a sign things are getting better.

I check on 5 big sites every morning for primers. Mainly looking for Large magnum pistol for my .44 and have been successful in getting a few thousand lately. Primers of all sorts are popping up fairly regularly. Brownells has had 209's in stock for about a month straight now. Hopefully, this is a sign things are getting better.
I just looked back at Midway and the primers I bought are gone now, still have small rifle magnum and small rifle benchrest. I should start doing what you do and look each day. I have plenty of 209's, but could use just about everything else. And the prices have more than doubled at retail- I remember paying around $35-$40/1000, and now it is $99/1000, plus the hazmat and shipping.

Yep, it's part of my morning routine now while I have coffee. I have the 5 sites pinned right to the primer page on my phone. Takes 2 mins to check them all.

I just looked back at Midway and the primers I bought are gone now, still have small rifle magnum and small rifle benchrest. I should start doing what you do and look each day. I have plenty of 209's, but could use just about everything else. And the prices have more than doubled at retail- I remember paying around $35-$40/1000, and now it is $99/1000, plus the hazmat and shipping.
They currently have the cheddite 208 shotshell primers

The cheddite seem to work for me in the CVA and will fit in my DISC but haven't fired them from it.

Last edited:
Back