SML propellant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I ..……. thought...….. I could run right over to my supply store and just pick up a bottle or two of IMR8208XBR.

WRONG. They told me they're having one heck of a time getting not only propellants, but firearms.
Well I guess that can be expected with all the shipping chaos going on.

Then I started making phone calls.... to no avail.

Finally found, IN STOCK, an 8# container of IMR8208 at Powder Valley, so its ordered.
Now wondering how long that will take to arrive?

Sure glad I picked up more than enough Benchmark before all this......

I hear ya...I have been waiting over 2 months to pick up some H4198 at the local store...'out of stock' every time I call. Luckily, I was in another town a few days ago 100 miles away and decided to stop in the local store, they had H4198 in stock so now I do too :cool:

You would think that Obama is back in the White House the way things are. The stores around here are cleaned out of pretty much everything gun related. Online sales are taking 2 weeks to ship, but they are also out of stock on a lot of things.

I hear ya...I have been waiting over 2 months to pick up some H4198 at the local store...'out of stock' every time I call. Luckily, I was in another town a few days ago 100 miles away and decided to stop in the local store, they had H4198 in stock so now I do too :cool:

I have a new, unopened bottle of H4198 I never plan on shooting.
Honestly, I got crazy buying propellant before the rifle arrived and had I .... really.... thought about it, I wouldn't have purchased it.
I'll stay with Benchmark and IMR8208, and of course BH209.

I just received a message from Powder Valley saying it had been delivered to UPS and they provided a tracking number. When it will arrive is another story.

I haven't had any problems with UPS during all this. FedEx, on the other hand, has been awful.

I have spoken to two different proprietors in separate areas of the firearms business that have told me that their sales during the Covid-19/Stimulus have exceeded those of the Obama years/fears.

I have spoken to two different proprietors in separate areas of the firearms business that have told me that their sales during the Covid-19/Stimulus have exceeded those of the Obama years/fears.
Like that all over, which is making it hard for some retailers to restock.

I haven't had any problems with UPS during all this. FedEx, on the other hand, has been awful.

I have not had any issues with either Carrier during this time. I just takes days to weeks for something to ship.

Last edited:
It’s luck of draw on shipping. Ups has actually been worse for me here in Phoenix than Fedex. Overall, things have settled down though, and I’ve only been seeing 1-2 day delays instead of 5-14 days.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but if you live in Michigan and need some Winchester 296, Imr 4227, H 4198, or Win 571 I have some to spare. I travel the state between the thumb and Traverse so I may be able to deliver. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Back