• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Smokeless Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
ASG .45 1-20 twist Brux barrel on a stainless Encore frame and wearing a custom dipped thumbhole stock. Has a jag and rod by Spinjag. Breech plug is the ASG plug for 209 primers, not the modules. Gun is super accurate. It has been out hunting a few times so not perfect but still in real nice shape. It's wearing a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42 in Burris Signature Zee rings. Looking to get $1850 minus the scope and rings or $2100 for the whole thing. May consider partial trade for a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader.

Here's a couple pictures plus a 4 shot 100 yard group from before last hunting season.

Encore1.jpgEncore2.jpgGroup1.jpg

That 4 shot group is super impressive! Good looking gun to!

Thanks. It’s a really good gun. Just wanting to try something different.

I think i got the PMs replied to. Computer is acting weird this morning. If I missed you send me another one.

So far it’s still for sale.

I can drop the price to 1800. Can’t afford to go much lower but still seems like a decent deal, especially considering they aren’t making Encores anymore.

I can drop the price to 1800. Can’t afford to go much lower but still seems like a decent deal, especially considering they aren’t making Encores anymore.
I must be out of the loop big time. I had no idea they aren’t making Encores anymore. When did they stop?

S&W announced in I think may they were divesting themselves of TC. Last I heard TC was going to be for sale though I don’t know that they’ve actually done anything with that. I know one company was waiting for an “investment packet” from S&W but that was over several weeks past when they said they would release it.

In the meantime they said they were no longer producing anything T/C. Encores haven’t been available from the factory since about the beginning of the year.

Sorry to hear that. That's too bad.
I just looked on E.A. Brown and Haus of Arms and sure enough, no Encore frames available. Well, I hope someone good buys up the TC portion of S&W and starts making them again.
I'm just glad I have a few already for my collection.

Any reason for not having the LRMP plug?
Can the LRMP plug be used in this conversion?

Any reason for not having the LRMP plug?
Can the LRMP plug be used in this conversion?

I went with 209’s because I had about a thousand of them and they seemed easier than having to mess with modules.

@ SuperK,
What loads and velocities are you getting?

58 gr. H4198 and 275 gr. Fury Star Tip averages 2524 fps

Had a couple offers. Nothing I would consider serious. I think I’m gonna go ahead and keep this one. If you were considering it feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk but for all intents and purposes I’m gonna plan on keeping it. Mods can mark it as no longer for sale.

I was interested but I have plenty LRMP & LRP and no 209-A primers had this been for a module I would have thought long and hard

Not that it matters at this point but my understanding talking to Luke is that the module plug will swap. They’re the same as far as headspace and all that goes.

I have the same exact gun from Luke minus the thumbhole. Ironically I have the same exact scope mounted on it as well. Only my rings are the one piece Talley's.
Never seen a reason to switch from the 209 plug. Gun shoots great, even in cold weather. It is more accurate than most of my centerfire rifles. It shoots just about every thing I size and knurl to fit the barrel. My favorite hunting load is a 250 or 290 gr TEZ pushed by 60 gr of H4198 and a dry wool wad. It is probably one of the last guns in my collection that I would ever consider selling.

I also have a Brux/Encore. Except with the HIS system. I actually wish mine had a 209 plug instead. Keeping track of those expensive modules is a pain. It was much easier putting 209 primers in all my pockets when hunting.

I've been a real slow convert on all this muzzleloader stuff. I think this is my 4th smokeless muzzleloader and I can finally say I'll continue to shoot smokeless simply for the convenience. Even at that, I drug my feet going from .50 to .45. I swore I would never size a bullet. I'm still holding firm to there has to be a ramrod on the gun and Like 03Mossy said, I don't want to drop a module in the snow and spend 30 minutes looking for it. The 209 seems plenty capable for it's intended purpose.
Truthfully this Encore is the perfect hunting gun. I put a lot of thought into what I wanted before ordering the parts and pieces. I grew up shooting nothing but bolt action rifles and everything else has always felt a little foreign to me. In a moment of weakness and perhaps a bit of nostalgia I convinced myself I could replace the Encore with a RUM or something similar.

Last edited:
Circling back..
RUM you say?
What caliber?

Well... Was originally hoping for a stock RUM in good shape that I could convert to a .45 smokeless.
What are you thinking? Send me a PM.

Came across another Ultimate Muzzleloader. Figured I’d try this again. Back up for sale.
$1800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back