smokeless muzzle loaders for under $300?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVA Hunter in 45/70 is $250. Conversion to a SML at Center Punch USA is around $200 for 209s. Hard to beat that for a rifle that has been tested and shot by many many people wanting an affordable safe SML. Scout V2 is around $100 more but you get SS and a muzzle brake. Both will safely launch a 275gr bullet over 2400fps and a 200gr bullet in a sabot well over 2600fps.

You have been informed about the rules regarding smokeless here. No further warnings will be issued.

I had a 700ML smokeless build that I considered very penny-pinching that I had less in that most list their customs for sale used.

However, I am now down to 2 cheap ones that both shoot very close to that Remington. One is a converted Encore 45/70 barrel and the other is a converted Scout V2. Very happy with both and prices were on par with GM's above post.

Not sure how it can get much cheaper unless you are getting your donor components used.

Back