Smokepole Smackdown

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this young buck yesterday. Thought it was a doe until I rolled him over . His nubs were just poking through the fur. CVA accura mr, bh209 and 250 grain speer deep curl.The shot was about 60 yards away through a bit of tall grass. He ran about 20yrds jumped a cedar fence and crashed like a freight train into a cedar tree. The blood trail seemed very small until I found a piece of lung that must have been blocking the hole. After that the blood was much heavier. When I rolled him over the blood poured out of his chest cavity. You can see the damage the DC,s did to the heart. Very quick and humane kill. I am def sold on this combo.

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_075104.jpg
    IMG_20201114_075104.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20201114_094741.jpg
    IMG_20201114_094741.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
This is using 90gr by volume bh209. It is a combo made in heaven for my gun. Very accurate and consistent, and obviously very effective.

Congratulations on the button buck! They have fooled me many times as well, but great eating.
My optima V2 likes the same load except with a 300 gr. XTP with same results on heart's.

That deer will be very welcome at the dinner table. Congrats and good shooting.

Nice dining critter. I generally take my buck then the smaller or antlerless critters with the second, or third, license.

Back