So how do I buy as a new member,

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbtresident

Reaction score
I understand you need activity to sell. But buying should not be this complicated, just my feelings as a newbie. Thanks ahead of time if someone would explain it better for me.

How is posting and waiting complicated? If you want some place where you can just pop in and buy there are tons of auction sites.

Buying and selling here is a perk for members that contribute to the forum. Ive seen plenty of people that get the requirement done then hardly ever post again outside the classifieds. There is one member with over 300 posts and only 2 posts since 2013 are outside the classifieds. He isnt here to contribute, he is only here to make money with minimal overhead. If it was up to me i would find a way to limit that also. Like i said there are auction sites that are completely geared towards that format. We are not one of those sites.

There is a barrel for sale, on another site, for my 10/22 that i really want. Been for sale for a few months. I cant even PM the guy. There is absolutely nothing else on that sight that i want to post comments on so i will probably never get to buy it.

How is posting and waiting complicated? If you want some place where you can just pop in and buy there are tons of auction sites.
Didn’t mean any disrespect, that’s the reason i asked the question. Thank you for responding. I’m not real computer savvy but that’s neither here nor there. Ive been reading a lot on this site and have learned a lot. I was looking at it as if it was meant to protect the members from people trying to scam them out of something, didn’t figure on the fact that someone buying something was likely to get a better deal from people trying to help each other and an outsider could come in and take advantage of the deal. Different angle, I’m good with it.

So...18 posts just today! Just 7 more for ya!
I should have been posting since I joined earlier in the month, but I was just reading. Kinda got caught up and started looking around at other parts of the website and thought if something came up that I was going to purchase anyway why not keep the business in house. Kinda wanted to make sure that I was not going to offend anyone, still would like to keep it that way. Don’t know if you meant that in a good or sly way there halloflin but ill take it as though I’m learning to participate and thats a good thing. Thanks for the guidance.

Dont mind him LB, hes a wee bit cranky in the morning. But yes you gotta be patient. Its intended to keep cherry pickers and scammers at bay.
Ive been following you a lot. Very informative. My friend has a palmetto ridge runner and i was reading up on it for him. Thanks for the kind words.

Ive been following you a lot. Very informative. My friend has a palmetto ridge runner and i was reading up on it for him. Thanks for the kind words.
I don’t do any social media and don’t watch the news, they both seem to be junk. This is new to me.

Latest posts

Back