Quantcast

So I ordered /paid for a CVA Optima V2 BP pistol today

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

MrTom

I don’t even carry the battery in mine in the field as I’ve never found an instance where the colored wires were needed While hunting. On paper they are great. The crosshairs wires are not super heavy but won’t get lost in the woods.

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
I didn't like the scope I had on my pistol so I got the Durasights from CVA. I like them but I think I would like a good affordable scope. Anxious to see how you like yours.

michiganmuzzy

Supporter
Supporter
Im not normally a fan of lighted reticles. I will probably leave the batteries out, too.

michiganmuzzy

Supporter
Supporter
I already have a Lehigh breech plug in it and a temporary red dot sight on it. Also a single point sling. Will see how the sling works out.

michiganmuzzy

Supporter
Supporter
I completely forgot that i have a Hankins DIS. I think this will be ideal for it. Instead of the Lehigh.

michiganmuzzy

Supporter
Supporter
Just shot mine with the DIS, 50grV BH209, black crush rib, 300grn XTP. Tried 240 plinkers, 250 Hornady, 60, 65, 70grV. 50/300 was the best a 20yds. With a cheap red dot. After some adjusting i got a nice 3 shot group. Will shoot again next week. Hopefully with a scope.
20200913_144756.jpg

eekjellander

So my 50 cal CVA pistol is at the FFL and ready for pickup Sat, soonest I can get there . Question I have is for hunting I would like to use one of my slings so anybody know what thread /size for eyelet for forearm/butt and supplier?/Ed

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
The pistol comes with the sling studs. The pistol grip one is already installed and the one for the forearm is in the box. You have to swap out the screw for the forearm.

michiganmuzzy

Supporter
Supporter
Mine had only an 1/8" hloe with no threads. I had to drill it slightly larger to get my single point mount started. No hole in the fore end. It does come with the sling mounts. Mine was not installed.

eekjellander

If the hardware is there I can make the holes and tap if I have the correct one .That"s always a problem getting the correct tap ,I have a bunch just never the correct one !/Ed

eekjellander

So today was spent at our short 200 yd range with my neighbor admiring my new toy ,and I probably shot 33 Lee Reals over a felt wad/ 60 gr OE 2F and moved up to 70 grains . Never having touched the adjusting on this ebay purchase Leopold MX2 the 1st 2 shots were 2+3 oclock @ 25 yds and started groupin and move to 50 yds and elevation was good /windage off consistent with 25 yd target . Corrected and moved to 100 yd and quit with a 4" group . My neighbor stayed till I quit ,he loved the trigger but I couldnt get him to shoot it . I am really impressed with this gun and will be shooting again tomorrow after I get done butchering the bear I shot tonite (45/70) ,all together a great day for me (the bear) not so much /Ed