So I ordered /paid for a CVA Optima V2 BP pistol today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t even carry the battery in mine in the field as I’ve never found an instance where the colored wires were needed While hunting. On paper they are great. The crosshairs wires are not super heavy but won’t get lost in the woods.

So my 50 cal CVA pistol is at the FFL and ready for pickup Sat, soonest I can get there . Question I have is for hunting I would like to use one of my slings so anybody know what thread /size for eyelet for forearm/butt and supplier?/Ed

Mine had only an 1/8" hloe with no threads. I had to drill it slightly larger to get my single point mount started. No hole in the fore end. It does come with the sling mounts. Mine was not installed.

If the hardware is there I can make the holes and tap if I have the correct one .That"s always a problem getting the correct tap ,I have a bunch just never the correct one !/Ed

So today was spent at our short 200 yd range with my neighbor admiring my new toy ,and I probably shot 33 Lee Reals over a felt wad/ 60 gr OE 2F and moved up to 70 grains . Never having touched the adjusting on this ebay purchase Leopold MX2 the 1st 2 shots were 2+3 oclock @ 25 yds and started groupin and move to 50 yds and elevation was good /windage off consistent with 25 yd target . Corrected and moved to 100 yd and quit with a 4" group . My neighbor stayed till I quit ,he loved the trigger but I couldnt get him to shoot it . I am really impressed with this gun and will be shooting again tomorrow after I get done butchering the bear I shot tonite (45/70) ,all together a great day for me (the bear) not so much /Ed

Latest posts

Back