So many Ruger Old Armies for sale lately

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices on the Ruger Old Army have been going up steadily for past several years. They are simply the best BP revolver ever made and each year more are being taken off the market. It is sad that the TC's are going up in part because there is nothing new being imported right now and guns from Italy are either junk or WAY overpriced. The TC's are good solid rifles and with cost of shooting cartridge guns so high a lot of people are waking up to the fact that ML's are fun and inexpensive to shoot.

If youve got the $. I dont think Ive ever seen so many ROAs for sale. Everyone seems to be trying to cash in their investment guns, maybe?
Prices are high to very high. But the selection is amazing.
Exactly MM I've been watching them purdy regularly. I can't pay 700.00-900.00 for one though. Some much more than that. Just crazy man. Its a BP pistol FFS.

I dunno, I never warmed up to the ROA. Thought it would be too much like shooting a Ruger Blackhawk. I've got Blackhawks and like them, But didn't think I needed a black powder Blackhawk...especially for the price.

I've got 1858 Remingtons and like those, but they're more realistic...and less expensive.

Prices on the Ruger Old Army have been going up steadily for past several years. They are simply the best BP revolver ever made and each year more are being taken off the market. It is sad that the TC's are going up in part because there is nothing new being imported right now and guns from Italy are either junk or WAY overpriced. The TC's are good solid rifles and with cost of shooting cartridge guns so high a lot of people are waking up to the fact that ML's are fun and inexpensive to shoot.

I am a huge fan of the TC rifles but many of the Italian guns are not junk. Pedersoli makes some nice ones and a few of their models are nicer than anything TC ever made.

Tc Makes a nice rifle… even the new ones. I may be selling this one as I have a keen eye on a build I may do with a Savage.

Attachments

• F2FD86D5-48E2-4E02-A8AF-45C026812063.jpeg
    F2FD86D5-48E2-4E02-A8AF-45C026812063.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 32
If I had to keep only one of my M/L's, it would be my stainless ROA. Flawless since I bought it new the first month they came out. Only killed one deer with it, but it's killed a lot of paper, dirt clods, and floating sticks. Ruger knew what they were doing when they produced it, made a mistake when they stopped production. Quality firearm, for sure.

True, but they didn’t make many of that configuration and the price trend is ever upwards…
I'm an old blue steel and wood guy. If taken care of properly will last as long as I'm around. The Ruger stainless steel is only corrosion resistant, not corrosion proof. I Lost my stainless (one and only) Bearcat while trapping one year and found it a couple of months later and it is still covered in light corrosion and discoloration. Just my .02 worth...Trader

Attachments

• PB100001.JPG
    PB100001.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 31
  • PB100002.JPG
    PB100002.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 31
Back