So many Ruger Old Armies for sale lately

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish you had pics of that modification. I’ve heard of a couple others doing that too. Was it a lot of work? Any special machining?
The grip frame may need to be ground to fit the frame. Or vice versa. I’ve done this a few times now. It’s necessary for me to shoot them comfortably unless I mount a set of the Pachmayer Presentation grips.

Wish you had pics of that modification. I’ve heard of a couple others doing that too. Was it a lot of work? Any special machining?
No there's not that much to it. I had found an in depth step by step article that was posted on the Ruger Forum that the moderator Flattop had posted twenty years ago I can no longer find it. basically you need a New model grip frame and a small piece of brass or aluminum to fit inside of the grip frame for the trigger return spring I think I used 1/4" square stock and filed it and drilled a hole check out the picture and you will need a pin to hold it in place. It took me about an hour or so to make it. When drilling the hole for the spring and plunger you can adjust the depth to set the over travel. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• duFjM3I.jpg
    duFjM3I.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
Here is a rare first year production Old Army. The front sight has a factory notch cut out of it. I read about this version and seen a few pictures of guns with this front sight. I looked for 30 years off & on and found this one in 2021. It is very special to me because the serial number is my birth year.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 1
Back