So many Ruger Old Armies for sale lately

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies MM. I "redact" my statement and await your explanation of the cause for the RAPID increase in used gun prices across the board, just recently, that we all are amazed by. I owned a complete gun shop in Nebr for a few years. Still dabble in older guns ( had enough rat-a-tat in '66-'67) and am keenly aware of the timeframes when the market fluctuates as most of us are. I'm going to post some pictures of my latest underhammer project #4, that has been mired down by putting up this winter's fur take and to show you my nose is still on the right trail. Respectfully Trader

Last edited:
If youve got the $. I dont think Ive ever seen so many ROAs for sale. Everyone seems to be trying to cash in their investment guns, maybe?
Prices are high to very high. But the selection is amazing.
I've seen the Stainless version is selling on Gun Broker for over $1,200. Not bad for a revolver which sold brand new for $350.

With a pair of hand/fingers that cannot even raise a revolver at arms length has me thinking goofy thoughts. With two ROA's, one a SS w/adjustable sights NIB and a used blued w/ adjustable sights that I will never shoot again has me thinking they should find another home. The last time the blued ROA was fired it took a javelina in February 1987 in Arizona. I must still be dazed from a snowflake to the head?

I'd like one but I'm not going to pay 1,000 dollars for one. It's just not practical. I might go between 700 and 800 for one in really good condition if someone is looking to sell, but not 1000. Have to draw a line somewhere.

It's a shame they stopped making them, and another blow to the industry is Lyman dropping out of the biz. The Plains pistol remains a favorite for me.

Latest posts

Back