So many Ruger Old Armies for sale lately

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always loved the old model guns and the Old Army is favorite cap & ball gun. here is an early model stainless one that I fit a New Model Super grip frame and Elephant Ivory grips I carved from blanks. I paid more for the ivory than I did for the gun. In 1972 when Ruger started making them they retailed for $99.00

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The guy is a natural salesman. He garners interest by identifying the gun as a model that doesn’t exist, and the only description is “sold as is in photos” referring you to all 2 photos of the gun. I’m surprised it’s still available.
I actually asked about this "Old Navy" when it was first posted. I was told that the error was due to sales staff, but that was a couple of cycles ago and it still hasn't been corrected. The "cheesy grips" don't help much either.

I actually asked about this "Old Navy" when it was first posted. I was told that the error was due to sales staff, but that was a couple of cycles ago and it still hasn't been corrected. The "cheesy grips" don't help much either.
Im pretty sure its just a ploy to get people calling or emailing him. “No such thing as bad publicity”. Did he try to sell you anything else?

IMHO they DO resemble my 1858 orig Remington cap & ball. I bought one years ago even before I started pursuing black powder 'cause I collect Ruger wheel guns like my 38-40/10mm and my 357 maximums just had to have one. (I know, I've posted these before). Glad I did, great shooting revolver.

Attachments

• PB100001.JPG
    PB100001.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PB100002.JPG
    PB100002.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 0
I have always loved the old model guns and the Old Army is favorite cap & ball gun. here is an early model stainless one that I fit a New Model Super grip frame and Elephant Ivory grips I carved from blanks. I paid more for the ivory than I did for the gun. In 1972 when Ruger started making them they retailed for $99.00
Wish you had pics of that modification. I’ve heard of a couple others doing that too. Was it a lot of work? Any special machining?

Latest posts

Back