Some more Tiger’s and a sprained ankle.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHR

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I got out yesterday for some shore fishing and had this lake all to myself. All was going great until I rolled my ankle hard trying to get around the shore line. I shook it off at first and kept fishing for a while, then it happened again, I heard it pop and oh the pain!

I got real woosey and thick darkness started to gather around, so I sat down before I fell down. Well that kind of ended my trip, so I hobbled back to the truck and went home.
AA0F4905-D555-46B5-A12B-D86D50A77E9B.jpeg

I love trout fishing & have done a bunch of it in multiple states, that’s the first one of those Tiger Trout that I’ve ever seen or even heard of. What state are you in? Is that a native fish or a stocked fish?
Tiger trout are a Hybrid of Brook trout and Brown trout. They are sterile and do not reproduce according to our F & G dept.

tiger trout

A tiger trout is a cross between brown trout and brook trout, and they belong to the Salmonidae family of fish. These fish are sterile hybrids (meaning they are unable to produce offspring) that were created when mating attempts between two fish of different species failed. A male brown trout can sometimes end up breeding with a female brook trout, which happens when they’re in proximity during spawning season.

If no reproductive act takes place, you will get what is called an abnormal or sport fish. This fish looks like a brown trout but has some characteristics of a brookie such as spots on its body. In these cases, we call them tiger trouts. They may also be referred to as moose-trout or splake depending on where you live in North America.

Tiger trout are a Hybrid of Brook trout and Brown trout. They are sterile and do not reproduce according to our F & G dept.

tiger trout

A tiger trout is a cross between brown trout and brook trout, and they belong to the Salmonidae family of fish. These fish are sterile hybrids (meaning they are unable to produce offspring) that were created when mating attempts between two fish of different species failed. A male brown trout can sometimes end up breeding with a female brook trout, which happens when they’re in proximity during spawning season.

If no reproductive act takes place, you will get what is called an abnormal or sport fish. This fish looks like a brown trout but has some characteristics of a brookie such as spots on its body. In these cases, we call them tiger trouts. They may also be referred to as moose-trout or splake depending on where you live in North America.
Thank you for the 411 on the Tigers. That was interesting to learn. I loved trout fishing & I carried a trout pole & a bass pole Damn near everywhere I went. I really miss trout, smallmouth, walleye, musky & striper fishing since I moved down south. I haven’t wet s line anywhere in the 8 long yrs I’ve been in Fl.

I got out yesterday for some shore fishing and had this lake all to myself. All was going great until I rolled my ankle hard trying to get around the shore line. I shook it off at first and kept fishing for a while, then it happened again, I heard it pop and oh the pain!

I got real woosey and thick darkness started to gather around, so I sat down before I fell down. Well that kind of ended my trip, so I hobbled back to the truck and went home.
View attachment 22381
Hope the ankle gets better.

Back