Sound?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I was not drinking when I heard this. Yesterday and today in my woods I heard what sounded similar to an elk bugle. The problem is here in Ohio there are no free ranging elk. Really have no idea what it was. Anyone familiar with any animal that makes a similar sound here in Ohio. Soon after that I saw a few deer but I have heard many different whitetail deer vocalizations but never anything like this bugle. So I do not think the sound came from the deer. Thoughts.

Possible but I do not think so. Only a single "bugle" I think both days. Mid morning.

I am on the Great Miami River and the sound did originate from that direction. I am going to check on the net to listen to that for sure.

You say there are no free roaming elk but maybe there are some escapee's from a farm.

My uncles maintain a Loon nest on a lake in mid Michigan. Keeps them coming back every year. Very cool to hear them calling in the morning and evenings when its calm and quiet. They are amazing swimmers and fearless.

Back