Sounds like the New 8 Oz Bottles of BH 209 is Real

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyboy*

Reaction score
Sounds like the New 8 Oz Bottles of BH 209 is Real! :(

Response from Hodgdon:

"The 8 oz bottles are a way to get powder into more folk's hands. We usually recommend using last year's powder for practice, this year's powder for the hunt. Most hunters use a small amount of Blackhorn209."

"We understand the 5lb Shooters. Our supply for this year will not be enough to produce any 5lb containers"

"Currently Triple 8 won't be produced in canister form."

Thank You for using our powder!

Sure cut the amount, raise the prices, And availability. Companies do this all the time,
Yes, companies do this all the time, but more in the concept of " boiling a frog " using minor cuts & increases & re-regulating consumer access to manipulate retail prices. This BS we see now, IS NOT like that! This is akin to a blatant full-frontal assault with ZERO consumer regard for " how much it stings " bc they we are going to continue to buy it regardless. So, give them the ole " mushroom " treatment & thats just how its gonna be. That " BS excuse " of " we cut the amount back to make it more avail to more ppl " is NUTHIN short of a ginormous crock of BS.

They’re not entirely wrong, but full of it at the same time. Anyone shooting more than 8 ounces of blackhorm a year is in the minority, we are the minority. There’ is no reason for them to increase prices while claiming they’re trying to get it to more people

They’re not entirely wrong, but full of it at the same time. Anyone shooting more than 8 ounces of blackhorm a year is in the minority, we are the minority. There’ is no reason for them to increase prices while claiming they’re trying to get it to more people
There's quite a few of us here that are "the minority". :)

im not in the minority, but would like to get there someday. i agree with you all this is b.s. we can only hope this all changes down the road but sadly i dont think it will

Though I no longer shoot smokers, I would find something that shoots similar even if I had to swab twice between shots. Something to think about in regards to fouling, swab with lock-eze? worth a try. I do not hunt in any state that doesn't allow smokeless powder (by choice) but understand the different states requirements and some of these states are your homes and I respect that. I just will not pay $110 per pound of powder.

Who you vote for has consequences. The destruction to our economy has a trickle down effect. Everything costs more, and the companies have to pass along that cost increase in order to stay profitable and in business. In this case, not only a cost increase but reduction in amount of product. Shrinkflation.

Seeming and assuming the same price.
Going from 10oz to 8oz allows them 2oz for resale in another bottle.
Basically, 1 free bottle sale out of every 4 bottles sold.
That’s marketing and nothing else…

This sort of strategy is becoming all too common. For example, the airlines. Raise prices, reduce flights, and provide atrocious service. It's infuriating that the airlines also were awarded billions in stimulus funding. Taxpayer funding.
Does anyone know if Hodgdon received stimulus funding of any sort?

Back