Spring Gardening

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many fellow gardeners use the old Gravely walk behind tractors to plow and furrow their gardens? I also use an old push cultivator to work mine out with. I guess I'm old school. :)View attachment 8833View attachment 8834
Ma and I went back down to the area's Amish garden centers on Monday. At one stop there was a garden being worked with one of those cultivators except it had been altered so that one kids was pushing and two others were in a harness apparatus pulling the thing. I've seen those Amish kids hooked up the old reel type lawnmowers doing the same. I'd like to take the grandkids on a tour of the Amish country so they could see how good they've got it with power mowers.

The first pic was taken around the 1st of April after I plowed and furrowed and the second pic was taken about the middle of June. It has grown a lot since then. My first planting of corn is up around my shoulders and the second planting is about knee high. We've had just the right mix of rain and sunshine!
20200404_154007.jpg20200611_092146.jpg

Your a dedicated gardener and your work is beautiful. Take no offense when I tell you I grew up on hundreds of acres of vegetable farms (carrot, lettuce, celery, potato, onion, squash) and would rather go to the store. When out shooting groundhogs I do stop and pick fresh veggies but my days of growing them are over.

Back