ST Machining Mold Handles (Cabin Tree)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Forum member @jcnull2305 Sent these new ST Machining Mold Handles out here for me to try, I will say right off the Get go that I REALLY Like them. I have known about, and seen these for several years Now, (i have spoke of them Here on the forum More than one time) But This is the First time i have had an opportunity to try them. I wouldn’t hesitate to Purchase them :lewis:

These Handles are designed around Consistency, And they definitely give you just that. Yes they are a “Vise Grip“ Style Handle, BUT You only want Slight pressure on the Mold Blocks (You DON’T want to CLAMP Them to Tight) Their instructions that come with the Handles explains this. You want them adjusted where the Locking Handle just Slightly “Cams over” When you close them. They are Simple to adjust, and Operate. I found the Best way to Close the Mold is by turning it Sideways, this allowed the Blocks to align perfectly. DON’T FORCE ANYTHING! If something feels Different, Such as it taking more Pressure to Close? STOP and pay attention to what’s causing it? Correct it, and Go back to Casting.

I feel these Handles Could help a New Caster become a Better Caster Quicker, Due to their Consistency in Holding the Same Pressure on the Mold Halves CAST After CAST. As some know, Quality Bullet Casting is truly an Art. Simply put, You are NOT gonna Learn it all over night, It takes PRACTICE and More PRACTICE to get Really Good at it. Again, I believe these Handles Could help the New Caster get their Faster, as they take out 1 of the important Variables In Casting High Quality Bullets.

I test fitted these with Lyman Mold Blocks, RCBS, and Accurate Mold Blocks. Fit was perfect with all 3, I didn’t try my BACO Molds, But i already know they work with them, as i have talked to the BACO Crew in the past about these.

Lyman
GdLD09ql.jpg

RCBS
gRwK8R6l.jpg

And Accurate Mold Blocks
yPRYAUll.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think these handles would help with casting balls?

I see these things working well with any Mold, Be it Bullet, or Ball. They are a Pleasure to Cast with. I do believe they would be Better with Larger Single Cavity Bullets, and Roundball (Like .58 Cal and Up)

These Handles are Really gonna Cater to those that have issues with Hand Fatigue, Some Folks have a hard time holding heavier iron Molds and keeping consistent pressure on them, These Handles will Shine here.

@michiganmuzzy - They do work with Lyman Molds, like you ax'd about.

And they stay crunchy, even in milk!!

@Idaholewis : Those bullets look great. So, here's another idea for a test: I have the same Accurate Mold as the one you used on those bullets - the 54-510M. I will do some casting - same mold, same handle, even same "alloy" - pure lead. Then I'll post pix of the bullets I cast next to those Lewis did, and you guys can make fun of me about how badly I cocked it up!!!!

duh.gif

Plenty of sleep. No booze. No caffeine. No sex. A good breakfast. Some zen meditation (yellow robe?) No children running around.Tinkling water music.

JUST CONCENTRATE!@@@!

You'll STILL suck, but at least you won't have any excuses!!!!!!@@

Smile!! Smile!! (Smirk!!)

Back