Steel Scope Bases for Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Ok guy’s i need ya!! I have made up my mind to Scope my new .451 Super 91, I don’t trust these Cheap Aluminum Weaver Bases, I am using Leupold Mark 4 Rings which are SUPER Durable, Before i Feel Comfortable getting started with this new Rifle, i need to find a Set of Steel Scope Bases. Any of you guy’s willing to part with a Set of them?

Weaver made a Set of Steel bases, they are called Grand Slam, and Warne Obviously made Steel bases as well.

sbuff posted this back in 2015, i just copied and pasted it here

Taken off the dwb provided by UC.

WEAVER

"G" Series Grand Slam S439 front - S452 rear

"W" Series Grand Slam S442 front and S455 rear

Weaver standard bases - front 11, rear 35, barrel

Did you try Doc's website? All mine are being used, no help from me...

I did contact him through email, it took a few days for him to reply, he carries the Aluminum bases, and claimed he could order the Steel? I told him I would like to get a Set of the Steel bases, How much? And long will i have to Wait? No telling when i will get a Response back from him? I figured i would try here with you guy’s

Phew you saved me from checking my notes glad you found what I posted .

We were having a hard time getting S91 bases back in the late 90's too. The last set I got were made by a DWB in his shop in GA. he isn't a member here an stopped making them after that.
Wish I could help more.

Are there 2 different front bases you can use. I see the receiver and barrel are both tapped for bases. The ones on the receiver might cross reference with another rifle. Both the G model bases cross reference with other guns.

Maybe buy a base that matches the receiver and have another hole tapped in the receiver to match the base hole spacing.

BTW guys i do know where to get steel G bases Front/Rear and the rear W base. All are supposed to be Weaver Grand Slam bases. Cant find the front base for W though in steel.

My search came to a happy end! Mr dbowling sold me a Set of Steel bases in Silver, I’m REALLY looking forward to getting them, Mounting a Scope, and Test Driving this Ole White Super 91 .451, I think i have some Bullets it will shoot :D

If it helps any, I was able to cross reference the weaver bases and purchase leupold quick detach bases for my 91.

from a search on here
WEAVER

"G" Series Grand Slam S439 front - S452 rear

"W" Series Grand Slam S442 front and S455 rear

Weaver standard bases - front 11, rear 35, barrel

If I remember correctly, the steel were discontinued a few years back and they are hard to find. Some places may have old stock. Aluminum, is pretty much the main option, outside customs and finding old stock

Latest posts

Back