Still waiting for first muzzleloading buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well we have made it in from Kentucky, with quite a bit of meat and a set of nice antlers, which by the way do not belong to me!! I was so psyched Sat. morning. I went to a shooting house with a guide and a video camera to film the HUGE buck I anticipated seeing.Well, I saw several does and a 4point: but not a good one; it barely had the 4 points and they were somewhat deformed. And it was only 7 am. Still wasn't prime feeding time(10:30) for the big ones!! Nothing else came. Went to the same place that night, sure I would see something. Had camera positioned, gun at my side, and NOTHING!! :cry: When I get in Chuck has killled an 11 point!! I couldn't be more happy and upset all at the same time. So i decide to sit in a tree stand the next morning. This was my first time to do so. I was kind of scared:bugs,cold, lots of unexplained rustles in the dark!! Kept seeing the same two does and baby over and over. Finally, I pop one of them. She was 47 yards away, and she fell right where she stood!!! She weighed 115 pounds; five pounds less than the one I got last year. Well, Sunday afternoon i hoped to see a buck; it was my last chance. Didn't see ANYTHING!! But all in all it went well. I at least got something and Chuck got one of the biggest deer he's ever gotten with a muzzleloader. I really enjoyed our experience at Bare Bottom Lodge. Hope to get my big buck there next year. BTW: Sorry to disappoint you Tom, I really wanted the bigger Buck :D

2006huntingpics%20070.jpg

[quote="Savage girl" Hope to get my big buck there next year. BTW: Sorry to disappoint you Tom, I really wanted the bigger Buck :D[/quote]

You have nothing to be disapointed about at all. Everything you Harvest with a MuzzleLoader is a Trophy. Chuck puts alot of time into shooting and hunting. He really deserved to get a great Buck. Next time it will be your turn. :wink:

Savage Girl that doe was good practice for the buck in your future.

Nice doe Kristel! Maybe next time you'll get the buck. :wink:

Latest posts

Back