Stimulus check

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have received all of the stimulus checks and created another bank account for them. We use this account to pay our taxes with. This has worked out pretty well so far.

My SS is direct deposit but my stimulus check still comes by snail mail. The delivery method is determined by how you get your Federal tax refund. If your Fed refund comes by DD your stim check will do the same. I never get a Fed refund so I don't have DD set up for it. The FEDs don't seem to coordinate with SS for DD.

Funny, my wife and I file our taxes jointly, yet she received her $600 check in the mail. I was told mine supposedly will be directly deposited on May 6th?? Who knows how they really distribute the checks?

My SS is direct deposit but my stimulus check still comes by snail mail. The delivery method is determined by how you get your Federal tax refund. If your Fed refund comes by DD your stim check will do the same. I never get a Fed refund so I don't have DD set up for it. The FEDs don't seem to coordinate with SS for DD.

That's not true and I don't where you got that info? I've been on SS for 15 years and haven't paid an taxes in that time. I get DD for my SS payment and I got the last two stimulus payments by DD.

Research stimulus payments and you'll find the IRS does get the DD info from SS.

Mom and I got our last payment in early Feb. via a credit-type card which we took to the bank and deposited in our checking account. SS is direct-deposited, and tax refunds come by snail mail.

From the IRS website. The question how does the IRS get info for direct deposit stimulus payment.

The answer:

The bank account information in Get My Payment came from one of the following sources:

• Your 2020 tax return
  • Your 2019 tax return if your 2020 return was not processed when the IRS started issuing payments
  • Information you entered on your non-filer registration in 2020
  • Information you entered on Get My Payment in 2020
  • A federal agency that provides you benefits: This may include the Social Security Administration, Veteran Affairs, or the Railroad Retirement Board.

That's not true and I don't where you got that info? I've been on SS for 15 years and haven't paid an taxes in that time. I get DD for my SS payment and I got the last two stimulus payments by DD.

Research stimulus payments and you'll find the IRS does get the DD info from SS.

On the FORBES website (CNBC has the same quote)
"Your Payment Is Being Mailed
The IRS says if it has direct deposit information on file for you, that’s how you’ll receive the third stimulus payment. However, even if the IRS has a current bank account on file, you still may not receive your stimulus payment as a direct deposit.
If the IRS doesn’t have direct deposit information on file for you, it will send the payments by check or a prepaid debit card"
Nowhere does it say anything about coordinating with the Social Security database.

My SS is DD and my Stim checks are snail mail. I know of three other people in my age group that also get their stim snail mail. Did you EVER get a refund by DD?

Last edited:
My quote came from the IRS website. Yours came from Forbes?

Do you doubt that I got direct deposit for the last two stimulus payments? The last time I paid taxes I didn't even have the bank account I have now. They could only get the info from SS. I never gave it to them.

I'm not going to argue about this. What i'm saying is the truth. Believe what you want.

I don't believe that the IRS and SS talk to each other, so if you don't pay taxes or get your refund by DD it will be mailed.

Notification shows mine will be DD in my bank next week. I am a non-filer SSDI recipient and received the last 2 by check. I don't see that they have a pattern.

I don't believe that the IRS and SS talk to each other, so if you don't pay taxes or get your refund by DD it will be mailed.
Then explain how I got the last two stimulus payments by DD? I haven't paid taxes since 1995 and I never got DD refunds. My present bank account was opened in 2007. How did the IRS get my present bank info to give me the past stimulus payments? I never gave it to them.

The government database has all the necessary info on all of us that they need. If you have a SS#, you're in the database, accessible by other agencies. Strangely though, law enforcement seems to have the biggest gaps in interagency communications.

Notification shows mine will be DD in my bank next week. I am a non-filer SSDI recipient and received the last 2 by check. I don't see that they have a pattern.
The same thing happened with me. I just saw a pending notice in my on line bank account that I'm getting the Stim direct deposited. Either they're haphazard or something's different this time. My last stim checks were mailed but nothing has changed on my end.

I'd welcome some kind of notice. I get nothing. Even going to Get My Payment website doesn't show anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back