Stimulus check

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping it won't show in my account over the weekend. Maybe tomorrow is our day?

What I don't understand that peole making

What I don't get in the last stimulus and now this one people who make $75000-$100,000 got and are getting the stimulus check also.If they can;t live on that kind of money,I don't feel sorry for them.I live on less than a third of that and I am now able to buy myself a new home.I'll switch places with any of them.
where do you live,, must be very low cost of living if you can pay for new home on 25k/hr... that money (75-100k) is not much at all in New York city or San Francisco, & many other (dimly governed) areas.

I won't weigh into this other than saying Australia has a high minimum wage (~$20) and we have very little poverty and low unemployment. There is a high cost of living but unskilled workers can still make a living without looking down the barrel of eviction or what have you.

A good healthcare system is also part of it, contrary to what is said ours isn't "free". We pay through tax but the benefit is anyone can see a GP or have a surgery done without having a squillion dollars. I had to have an MRI on my head last year to make sure nothing bad was going on and the cost was subsidised so I paid around 40% of the actual cost. I have a decent job so it's no issue for me but a minimum wage worker can also get it without having to go without.
I always thought part of getting a good job was the benefits (insurance).. I did an archery coaching camp in OZ back in 1999.. Simon Fairweather took the Gold at the Sydney olympics the next yr.. (I coached compound shooters however).. The camp was near Perth, (freemantle i think) at a church camp facility.. I got to travel to a number of countries as USA archery team member & Australia is about the only one i would like to see again... Pharmacists own pharmacies there. Just couldn't handle the gun laws though..

Nuts! I was hoping to see the payment in my bank account this morning. Nope, but we got more snow. :(

Nothing yet. I'm starting to get a little worried. I got the first two really fast.

I'm still waiting on #2 and #3. If we ever get them mine and my wife's will be to pay off my truck and the kids are each going into a savings account. Man, I hate being responsible! What I want is a new Leupold VX5 for my .300!

A couple of days ago I received notification from the IRS of a stimulus payment of 1200$. I didn't think that was correct but maybe they deducted some because I did not vote for the guy who won. After rereading the paperwork I discovered it was the payment of 600 x2 , that we received in jan.I guess that's the gov't for you . lol.

A couple of days ago I received notification from the IRS of a stimulus payment of 1200$. I didn't think that was correct but maybe they deducted some because I did not vote for the guy who won. After rereading the paperwork I discovered it was the payment of 600 x2 , that we received in jan.I guess that's the gov't for you . lol.

I got a notice in the mail too. It was to tell me I was getting $600. That was the 2nd payment we got. Kind of behind aren't they?

All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back