Successful youth hunt!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been so fun listening to him retell the story to his grandpas, uncles, friends, etc. it’s a day we will never forget. Who knew a button buck would be a trophy!

As with all the young hunters including my son and grandkids, they never forget their first deer harvest! Most of them can recall every detail of the hunt and the experience. My son killed his first deer when he was 12 and is now 53 and can still tell the story exactly! My brother-in-law just said that if you had told him years ago that he would get more excited watching a new hunter taking their first deer and get as excited as he was, he would have called you a liar!

I also wish there was a youth season when I was young but there weren't many deer around in Missouri back then!! Our Conservation Department has done a exceptional job of returning them. Just ask my grandson that whacked one the other morning taking out the right front fender,lights and part of the grill off his '92 pickup last Friday morning!!

Big John

Latest posts

Back