Suggestions for ML Scope under $300?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put a Vortex 3-9x40 'straightwall' on my homemade smokeless. Although I didn't measure, it would seem to have near 4" eye relief.
This is my first Diamondback, but have several Vipers. Haven't fired a round with the scope yet as it's well below zero here this week. Too late for M/L deer or moose season this year but plan to use this rifle in regular season.

Its easy enough to look up the specs on the Diamondback. Its 3.3" according to Vortex. The question you should be asking does it stay at 3.3" even on 9x or is it less. My guess is its less on 9x by upto a half inch.

Vortex is good, I went with Sig Sauer Buckmaster 3-9x50 $99. On a TC Thunderhawk, it's holding up. Vortex undisputed warrety. My 2 cents.

The problem with Vortex is......you will likely need that warranty on many of the models. The best warranty is the one you never have to use. Thats why i upgraded most of mine to Sightron and a SWFA SS. You have to spend way more cash in the Vortex line to get a scope with similar durability. Such as the Razors. The STAC 3-16x42 can be had for $350 or less and there is very little that can compete with it at that price point for durability and tracking.

Cameraland has the STAC 3-16 in the MOA reticle for under $250 but for hunting its just not gunna cut it for alot of people. Would make a great entry level bench scope though or shooting in ideal lighting.
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...fe08-0139-5b78-00163ecd2826?variation=3072538
Notice how thin the MOA 3 reticle is in the pics
https://snipercentral.com/sightron-s-tac-3-16x42mm-full-review/
stac9.jpg

Last edited:
Zero tech make some very nice Scopes. I have a Thrive 4 to 12 x 44, 30 mm tube, standard duplex reticle I might be putting up for sale. The only reason I’m selling is because I upgraded to a 6 to 24 for my tired eyes.
Burris also makes some very nice glass and even though I was not a Bushnell banner fan my understanding is that the banner 2 is exceptional and it’s a low price scope

Finding a good Redfield revolution Accu range is not easy but it’s a great scope. 1 inch tube again just like the banner. And

I think that Athlon has some scopes that fit your numbers I just wish that they had more eye relief. I prefer at least 3 1/2 inches

Oh well just some food for thought

Greg

Also right now Arken is having a great sale. SH4 Gen2 4-16 MIL or MOA, 34mm tube, illuminated, $299.Get the rings & accessory kit for 24 or 27 bucks….easy leash, great quality, excellent glass

Ive got 3 Sightrons. One is a older SII BigSky (made in Japan) i snagged when MidwayUSA found some. They blew them out for under $250. The other 2 are STACs. The STACs are on the heavy side and the turrets are huge but other than that they are excellent scopes for the money. The SII BigSky is under 16oz with better glass and toolless zero reset. Just a wonderful scope.
I could use some help trying to understand the reticle on the attached photo of this target sightron scope:
So, if I had a 1 inch diameter circle on a paper target that was 800 yards from this scope and I aimed this scope with the reticle center dot right next to it, the scope dot would be the same size?

Attachments

• Sightron SII Target 36 x 42 BRD.jpg
    Sightron SII Target 36 x 42 BRD.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Looking for a ML scope under $300. I'm just in the market for my .45cal Knight disc. has 30mm rings so if i can find a 30mm tube scope for them then thats a bonus. I'm just on a budget right now. I know there are several good scope manufactures out there right now. I've had good luck with Vortex as of late. Thanks for the suggestions and help!
I like the vortex crossfire II 3-9x40

Midwayusa has these scopes for under $200. I'm hearing echos of "If it seems too Good to be true..." How many shots have you taken using this scope?

Back