Sunday fishing in the Gulf with a bro

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anonymouscowherd picked me up at 7am Sunday morn for another fishing trip down to the Lower Suwannee Nat. Game reserve, a place called the “ Shell Mound “ ( oyster shells ) it’s at the mouth of the Lower Suwannee river & the Gulf of Mexico.
As you can see in the video it’s a beautiful place with an awesome pier. When a good breeze is blowin, it’s just fantastic, when the wind slows way down or stops, those damn “ no see’ums “ are overbearing to say the least.
The fish range from small catfish to Speckled & Silver Trout to Whiting, small-med Redfish, small to med Black Drum, small Rays, an occasional small Bonnet-head shark. There are some more species swimming thru but me being new to the fishing down here, I don’t know or remember what they all are. There are Blue Crabs to be caught too & me being raised in Md I love me some crabs & they are awesome bait for Black Drum.
We always have a great time regardless of how good or bad the actual fishing is & we like to stop off on the long drive back to get burgers, onion rings & a jumbo milk shake. Last month the special was fresh Blackberry shakes. They are out of this world good & we got lucky to still get a cpl of the last of them left over from May.
Now this is how to really enjoy a Sunday properly & free from any brainwashing services.
View attachment IMG_0366.mov

Latest posts

Back