Super 91-11 Autoloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a S 91-11 a few weeks back that came with a 209 conversion installed. Well, we had it to the range the other day to try to adjust the scope and to try some of Ed's bullets. Upon firing the first round, I was shocked to see the rifle eject the 209 primer just like an auto loading rifle. It didn't push the hammer back far enough to recock it, just far enough to spit out the primer. :shock: We shot 10 rounds and it ejected nine of them, and makes a bigger mess than normal out of the breech area. Weak hammer spring? All I know, It is out with the 209 bp, and in with the #11 bp. Even with all that going on the rifle was very accurate

The load
65gr 3f Swiss
.060 veggie wad
465gr Ed's
Rem STS 209 primer

Wow, never would have thought that! Then again I have never used or even seen a 209 hammer/breechplug in a white an don't own one. The #11 plugs/caps do such a great job there is no need for a 209, just my thoughts.
Time is almost here!! Early ML season starts this Saturday!!

Good luck!!

fishhawk2700 said:
I bought a S 91-11 a few weeks back that came with a 209 conversion installed. Well, we had it to the range the other day to try to adjust the scope and to try some of Ed's bullets. Upon firing the first round, I was shocked to see the rifle eject the 209 primer just like an auto loading rifle. It didn't push the hammer back far enough to recock it, just far enough to spit out the primer. :shock: We shot 10 rounds and it ejected nine of them, and makes a bigger mess than normal out of the breech area. Weak hammer spring? All I know, It is out with the 209 bp, and in with the #11 bp. Even with all that going on the rifle was very accurate

The load
65gr 3f Swiss
.060 veggie wad
465gr Ed's
Rem STS 209 primer

No stuck primers with that one Unlike the bare primer Knights : : :mrgreen:

Re: RE: Super 91-11 Autoloader

fishhawk2700 said:

The load
65gr 3f Swiss
.060 veggie wad
465gr Ed's
Rem STS 209 primer
I'm not sure I would have to weigh each of the hammers but if my mind "old" serves me just from handling both I think the 209 hammer is lighter just a thought off the top of my head !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

fishhawk2700 said:

The load
65gr 3f Swiss
.060 veggie wad
465gr Ed's
Rem STS 209 primer
How accurate was this load ?

fishhawk2700 said:

The load
65gr 3f Swiss
.060 veggie wad
465gr Ed's
Rem STS 209 primer

This load produced about 1" groups at 50 yards.

Latest posts

Back