Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coleyslawn

Reaction score
Howdy fellows. My question is how do yall keep the scope clean? I shoot musket caps and it just burns the finish right off of the scope. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy fellows. My question is how do yall keep the scope clean? I shoot musket caps and it just burns the finish right off of the scope. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Weaver-S-415.jpg

ScopeProtectorPattern.jpg

Wasn't sure, always wanted to try the inner tube myself, but my grandkids would kill me if I took it off one of their bikes. LOL Currently I've been using the one TC sells and Black Electrical Tape. Both work fine

Wasn't sure, always wanted to try the inner tube myself, but my grandkids would kill me if I took it off one of their bikes. LOL Currently I've been using the one TC sells and Black Electrical Tape. Both work fine
I’ve used the inner tube and leather but I personally prefer black electrical tape so that what I mostly do now

I have a leather scope cover that goes around the scope above the primer area and fastens with velco. Works fine, protects the scope and comes off when not needed. Unfortunately I bought it years ago and I don't remember the maker.

I think that first one is either a piece of an old camo flannel shirt or moleskin. I use either rubber sheeting or some scraps of Marine vinyl or Naugahyde (fake leather).

Thank you for the replies. I think wrapping is a good solution. I found out the hard way not to try to steady the gun by resting my hand on top of the scope. Stupid hurts! LOL.

Back