super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I beagle

Reaction score
New to me super 91. .504. after reading all I could I found one. it came with all this stuff.20200116_202514.jpg 20200116_162519.jpg

one of my questions: I know u guys have said having the two 09 primer is not needed but is the way it came. so to shoot #11 caps I know I know I would need a new plug. but in assuming I would need a different plunger end?20200116_162332.jpg

Attachments

• 20200116_162447.jpg
    20200116_162447.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7
It also came with a bunch of bullets. two different sizes of lead bullets and also a bunch of sabot bullets. are these worth trying? and does an20200116_202540.jpg ybody know what size conical these are?

I would get the white replaceable nipple breech plug that Bestil posted in the DWB forum. It will last you a life time and when the flash holevto the nipple wears out for $5-6 dollars you can get either a #11 or Musket nipple. All you really need is the #11 nipple.

Regarding the plunger if you can grind down that tip and make it flush your good to go. You could try it as is and see how it work though?

that's what I was wondering. thank u for the help. could u recommend a certain bullet to try? was gonna try some no excuses. and thanks for the reply!

The conical Bullets are probably .5035 coming from Doc in those protective sleeves. I would pound on one a little to get it to swell and then slug the bore to see what size it really is. Both my .504 Super 91’s bores run large .505 on one and .5075 on the other. 0.0005 under is what you want to run in it.

The conical Bullets are probably .5035 coming from Doc in those protective sleeves. I would pound on one a little to get it to swell and then slug the bore to see what size it really is. Both my .504 Super 91’s bores run large .505 on one and .5075 on the other. 0.0005 under is what you want to run in it.

I don't mean to bash Doc's bullets, but I never got the accuracy from them as I did from either Bullshops or NoExcuses. In fact, if it wasn't for NoExcuses bullets I probably would have sold my 451 M97 White ML the first year I had it. When I was getting interested in casting my own bullets, I asked Doc as to what size I should have the mold made to. He informed me to obtain the best accuracy you want the bullet to engage the lands ever so slightly. Kinda makes you think why he didn't sell them that way?? So I had my first mold sized to .454 to eliminate the possibility that the mold may cast bullets less than .451. I then bought the Lee .451 and .452 sizing dies. I've found the .452 sizing die works best for me as it sizes the bullets. to 451.5.

I'm sure if you ask either Bullshop or NoExcuses they can make up a sample pack of bullets at different sizes to see which fits your bbl better and gives you the best accuracy.

I don't mean to bash Doc's bullets, but I never got the accuracy from them as I did from either Bullshops or NoExcuses. In fact, if it wasn't for NoExcuses bullets I probably would have sold my 451 M97 White ML the first year I had it. When I was getting interested in casting my own bullets, I asked Doc as to what size I should have the mold made to. He informed me to obtain the best accuracy you want the bullet to engage the lands ever so slightly. Kinda makes you think why he didn't sell them that way?? So I had my first mold sized to .454 to eliminate the possibility that the mold may cast bullets less than .451. I then bought the Lee .451 and .452 sizing dies. I've found the .452 sizing die works best for me as it sizes the bullets. to 451.5.

I'm sure if you ask either Bullshop or NoExcuses they can make up a sample pack of bullets at different sizes to see which fits your bbl better and gives you the best accuracy.
I have built a lot of molds, early on, that were sized right on, only to realize lead shrinks as it cools. Worthless.. I now go over and size them down as well. Better looking bullet too

Back