Surprise! I'm new here!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickBone

Reaction score
Howdy, I am a hard core Albertan who loves hunting. I've been a shooter since I was 8, with a short stint in the Canadian Armed Forces Reserves 11th Artillery way back in the late 80s.

I love learning new things so this year I decided to add a crossbow to my tools, and extend my hunting season by almost 2 months, and then got the itch to get into muzzle loading!

I have previously shot a friends modern in-line ML, an old flint lock, and a black powder 1851 Navy Colt. Fell in love with the thud and the blast of smoke, so today I pulled the trigger and ordered my first muzzle loader! I will be picking up my new CVA Wolf in SS in the next couple days!

I haven't chosen a load yet. I haven't even picked up the gun from Cabela's. LOL

I have been looking at triple 7 granulated, after getting the proper breach, and researching Hornady and Federal Bore Lokt. Trying to avoid sabot loads, and thinking using Powerbelts for plinking etc and the others for hunting.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
I'm also a crossbow fan. Own 2 Canadian made Excaliburs.
Great bows, I've killed a lot of deer 🦌 with them.
I also have several CVA guns, rifles and pistols.

Welcome to the forum. Great place. I'm currently looking at several different models of xbow. Starting early for next hunting season which is ten months away.

We always welcome a brother in arms from The Great White North! You found a great site with lots of helpful members.

I started shooting crossbow after a shoulder injury, about 6 years. It has actually been a welcome switch.

We always welcome a brother in arms from The Great White North! You found a great site with lots of helpful members.

I started shooting crossbow after a shoulder injury, about 6 years. It has actually been a welcome switch.

I got a crossbow exemption this year due to injuries and nerve damage from surgeries. Couldn't hold my bow up safely enough anymore.

Howdy, I am a hard core Albertan who loves hunting. I've been a shooter since I was 8, with a short stint in the Canadian Armed Forces Reserves 11th Artillery way back in the late 80s.

I love learning new things so this year I decided to add a crossbow to my tools, and extend my hunting season by almost 2 months, and then got the itch to get into muzzle loading!

I have previously shot a friends modern in-line ML, an old flint lock, and a black powder 1851 Navy Colt. Fell in love with the thud and the blast of smoke, so today I pulled the trigger and ordered my first muzzle loader! I will be picking up my new CVA Wolf in SS in the next couple days!
Were you able to hunt with it? Did you bag anything with it?

Welcome from Montana. I tried a friend's Excaliber crossbow last year and liked it a lot. I was sorely tempted when Deermanok posted one for sake here. But I love shooting my recurve and decided to stay with it as long as possible...

Back