Swarovski

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems upper end, most anything with the name. I think my highest $$ scopes are some upper end Zeiss & Leupold, though short of $1k for any of them.

I own a few Swarovskis and really like their glass. I looked at a Z5 3-18 last week a buddy has, but his isn’t illuminated. In my opinion, other than illuminated reticle (which I really like), you get just as much bang for your buck with a Zeiss HD5 at a lower price point.

Their Glass is Awesome :lewis: I don’t have experience with the particular scope you speak of, But i do have with their EL Binoculars, They make my eyes seem better than they are

Nice glass if you dont mind 2lbs sitting on top of your rifle. $3000 though...no thanks. Rather buy a Barret Fieldcraft rifle and a $1200 scope.

Nice glass if you dont mind 2lbs sitting on top of your rifle. $3000 though...no thanks. Rather buy a Barret Fieldcraft rifle and a $1200 scope.
I see the “$3000” price posted regularly which I assume is MSRP. However, if you don’t buy “new” and are willing to shop around, you can find deals on used scopes for half or less of MSRP. I’ve bought used Swarovski Z6i scopes for less than $1500 in absolutely perfect condition. I’ve got two Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10 illuminated reticle scopes and paid less than a grand each. There are deals to be had, but you do have to shop around and don’t drag your feet if/when you find them.

I see the “$3000” price posted regularly which I assume is MSRP. However, if you don’t buy “new” and are willing to shop around, you can find deals on used scopes for half or less of MSRP. I’ve bought used Swarovski Z6i scopes for less than $1500 in absolutely perfect condition. I’ve got two Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10 illuminated reticle scopes and paid less than a grand each. There are deals to be had, but you do have to shop around and don’t drag your feet if/when you find them.
do you know the difference between he Z6i and X5i?

The x5i is a great scope. Kind of tank, but it’s a good one. Not a huge fan of z5. 1” tube, leupold vx5hd for about same $$ is a lot better scope. Just got my 115btx today. :) F9F50449-F8DA-49C6-B976-1D2EEB425557.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I just checked the s[ec sheet on this scope and it indicates main tube os 1.18" which is 30 mm?

I believe there a lot to personal preference in brand use/loyalty. What and how your eye sees through the glass best determines what you should possibly buy. Sorry for my Ramblings . Here’s my opinion for what it’s worth.
I think Swaro products are awesome but kinda pricey as others have mentioned. For Bino’s I’ve chosen to by the Cabelas HD stuff. For Spotting scopes I’ve chosen the Krotos Straight 20-60X86 & 15-45x65 super clear. Cabelas has them 30% off right now. Don’t really like the Vortex stuff from personal experienced of failures along with my friends. When stuff has been sent back for warranty we’ve received “well” used replacements.
I’ve got a Meopta FFP 4-12x56 30mm tube that can see well before/after hunting times. Sometimes even at night when the ambient light is enough for asty coyotes. My favorite scope is an old Ausjena FFP 3-12X56 30mm tube on my .243. it was made in Germany alongside other ZEISS when his products couldn’t be labeled with ZEIS. I’m impressed with my newest scope bought before I recognized the additional advantage larger tubes. Even though it only has a 1” tube it’s very good at light gathering. In the future scopes purchased will always have a 30mm or larger tubes and the largest objective possible. There’s so many options/brands out there now along with the associated costs it’s hard to choose.

Last edited:
Z3, Z5/Z5i 1"
Z6/Z6i and X5i are 30mm

The obvious difference is weight. The Z6/6i series are MUCH lighter than X5i.

Swarovski resolution is way better than alot of other scopes.I have high end Leupolds, Zeis, Meopta, Burris and Swarovski. I compared them in actual side by side hunting situations. The resolution in the $3k Swarovski has is the biggest advantage. All great scopes, none under $1k. Meopta makes a great scope.The old Burris Diamond line was incredible for the $.My go to close range woods gun sports a Illuminated Swarovski and it is amazing in low light.

Swarovski resolution is way better than alot of other scopes.I have high end Leupolds, Zeis, Meopta, Burris and Swarovski. I compared them in actual side by side hunting situations. The resolution in the $3k Swarovski has is the biggest advantage. All great scopes, none under $1k. Meopta makes a great scope.The old Burris Diamond line was incredible for the $.My go to close range woods gun sports a Illuminated Swarovski and it is amazing in low light.
I wouldn't consider any of the first four high end, maybe with the exception of Zeiss.

The Z3 and Z5 are nothing special and from memory use the same glass. They're "budget lines" and not made in Austria either.
Don't know about the Z5i line, perhaps they have different glass. My old man has a Z6i which is a very good scope, but my brothers Schmidt and Bender beats swaro hands down.

My Leopold vx-r always outmatched my brothers swaro z5 in light transmission in like for like magnifications under low light conditions. 25 vs 30mm tubes mind you.

I have and love leica binos, always wondered about their scopes, but I only have a couple of scoped rifles and barely ever use them anymore. Far too easy that way!

Back