Sweet potato fries....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....right out of the oil bath. Going to dress up a plate with a big ole hamburger on it.

j10OuYe.jpg

Love these fries...

Nicely done! Love sweet potato fries!

They sure look good Tom! But for whatever reason I just can’t Eat a Sweet Potato? I haven’t tried in them in many years now. Our taste for certain foods can definitely change though, Beets is another thing I had no use for all of my life, My wife got me try some Pickled Beets several years ago and I thought they were REALLY Good! I eat Beets every chance i get now days.

Ha ha, and I was really starting to like you Lewis. Beets are not and will never be allowed on my property! :puke:

Try one of the Asian white flesh sweet taters for fries. They are stellar. You want the Japanese/Korean with the red skin or the Hannahs. I hate sweet potatoes but love the red Korean sweet potatoes.
DSC_0449-s.jpg

DSC_0433-s.jpg

Thanks GM. I'll have to check out some of our natural food stores. I am pretty sure the larger chain stores won't have these but the health food and Asian market shops might and we have about eight Asian food markets in town.

On with the search!

Okinawa purple (flesh) is delicious too but ive only baked them. They are also much more expensive around here. The Korean/Japanese sweet potato with a purple/red skin and white flesh is pretty cheap. Very easy to find at Asian markets.

GM54-120 said:
Okinawa purple (flesh) is delicious too but ive only baked them. They are also much more expensive around here. The Korean/Japanese sweet potato with a purple/red skin and white flesh is pretty cheap. Very easy to find at Asian markets.

This is North Idaho, We don’t have any Asian places around here :lol: TRUE!!

Idaholewis said:
This is North Idaho, We don’t have any Asian places around here :lol: TRUE!!

This is SE Minnesota and we have Asian, arab, Somali and every other kind of ethnic markets. We have one Cub Food store and going there is like traveling to Africa.

Latest posts

Back