SWFA Scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDiablo

Supporting member
Reaction score
Its a bunch of BS that has circulated for a couple years. Rumors even circulated the BATF raided them.

They sell a few of the best scopes you can get at the price point that flat out work. The 10x42MQ i got is an amazing scope for under $300. I gave $200ish on sale.

Kenko makes their SWFA SS Classic stuff and LOW makes their HD line of scopes.

I agree, great rugged scopes for the money. Guys appear to be looking for a explanation for the length of the sale prices this year…

I have a pair of fixed 16',,s as a matter of fact I've been shooting both of them on smokeless guns the glass isn't real clean but the tracking has been dead on ,,the glass is good enough,, I'm very happy with the price point and the quality.

I have a pair of fixed 16',,s as a matter of fact I've been shooting both of them on smokeless guns the glass isn't real clean but the tracking has been dead on ,,the glass is good enough,, I'm very happy with the price point and the quality.
I’ve got a 16x42 sitting here myself.

I'm so bad about scope swapping ,,constantly I brought those for that purpose.

The 10x42 HD keeps calling me for under $500 but for nearly the same price i could get the 3-15x42 FFP. I just dont like FFP without illumination or at least a reticle i cant see below 9x. Glass in my 10x42 is slightly better than my STAC 3-16x42 when set on 10x and pretty darn close to the 4-20x50 on 10x. My SII Big Sky is slightly better set on 9x and both are made at the same plant in Japan.

So for sub $300 the glass is on par or better than others in the same price range. The mil quad reticle though is wonderful compared to a crappy mildot or typical ballistic plex. You are paying for durability and good tracking and not much competes with them at under $300.

Rumor is they will have some new SWFA scopes or at least upgrades to existing models. Thats why the down sizing, so they can focus more on SWFA SS branded scopes. I would love to see a capped windage and shorter elevation turret with zero stop added to some of the Classic line.

Last edited:
The 2-10 compact is the one i would avoid unless its going on a 22 rimfire or similar caliber.

Back