T-7-FFF?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadball

Reaction score
I have a bottle of T-7-FFF and I was wondering if anybody here uses it in there 50s if so what charge range should I be working in thanks

What bullet/sabot combo or conical are you shooting?????

I use T7 in my .50 Knight Elite. I have several sabot/bullet combos as well as conicals that will shoot to quarter sized groups at 100yds.

by volume
first column 80g 2F
second column 100g 2F
third column 80g 3F
fourth column 100g 3F
1620394604397.png

Last edited:
Back when I shot T7, I used the FFF version quite a bit in a CVA Optima. My favorite load was a 410 Great Plains conical with 85 gr, by volume, of FFF T7.

Okay thanks I'll start at 60grns and work up right now all I have are 250grn Sabots

I use nothing but T7/FFF, I have two Whitelightning's I use a sabot with 240gr 44 mags and 80grs of T7/FFF and the other I use my own 460gr pure lead bullets with 65grs of T7/FFF. It's just what my two Whites shoot the best.

I use T7TF exclusively as well in my Knight Disc Elite 90 grains T7TF, MMP Sabot, 300 grain Speer Gold Dot (Deep Curl). Or- 105 grains T7TF, MMP Sabot, 300 grain Thompson PTX. I always start on the low side and work my way up when shooting new bullets. Hornady 300 grain XTP and Speer 260 grain HP shoot well also.. I rub a little breech plug grease on the breech area to ease cleaning.

I tested a very small amount of Triple 7 3F quite awhile back, This was in .45s, and .54s, I was impressed with it, Good Accuracy, and with #11 Percussion Caps the Crud Ring wasn’t bad at all. I am a Swiss Real Blackpowder guy exclusively in my Rifles, But if i were to Switch to a Substitute powder it would be Triple 7 3F

Would the T7/FFF be a decent alternative to Blackhorn 209 in my CVA MR? It’s really getting to me that I can’t shoot right now because I can’t find any of the BH.

I have a little BH 209 in inventory but really all I shoot is T7. Yeah I get a crud ring but I don't have a problem with it. Just do a spit patch between each shot.

Jimmer. LOL Im missing something. Not sure what you are trying to tell us (me) here??
LOL
I have a bunch of these if anyone is interested. Just pay for shipping. Also showing what I use for my T7TF. I’ve seen several folks asking where they can get powder tubes so I thought I’d send this link. Wife always says I don’t give out enough information. Asked her to pick something up from the store and haven’t seen her since. JK

Latest posts

Back