• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD T/C Black Diamond XR SS Walnut

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimP

Reaction score
Purchased this used last summer, haven't shot it.

Asking $150.00 plus actual shipping.

Attachments

• 20210711_110224.jpg
    20210711_110224.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 59
Can you post more pics? Close ups of breach area and maybe trigger and bolt.

thanks

Not that I have seen. I'll try to take a pic of the bore. I'm not that well versed on taking pics of rifle bores. Any tips?

These black diamonds were great shooters with sabots. I believe the twist rate was 1/38 , same as the Firehawk. Great guns, just a pain to clean. 125 is a good price if it’s clean and has a good bore.

I just took another look at your first picture, if that’s a wood stock, it’s well worth the 150.

If it has a walnut stock it was made before TC’s big fire. I thought they were called Firehawk though. Is it stamped black diamond?

Black Diamonds were walnut also, have owned a bunch of them.. as far as cleaning maybe 5 minutes longer to clean then any other muzzleloader if that.Ive got walnut stocked BD and Firehawks.

Different rifle entirely. Firehawks have a fixed plug, Black Diamonds are removable. Firehawks have a 1-38 twist, Diamonds are 1-28. All Black Diamonds have q.l.a. muzzles. Some later production Firehawks do.
I thought my Black Diamonds were the be all to end all in striker fired muzzleloaders. Until I got a Firehawk... I had 2 XRs a. Super.45 and a .50. Excellent rifles. Ditch the 209 module ( its filthy and unnecessary) and the " flame thrower" nipples, also dirty. I use single port Tresco nipples, both musket and #11. Cleaner, and I also got 100 fps higher velocities. Chrono'd with the same load no other changes.Not difficult to clean at all.
You CAN'T go wrong with a walnut stocked, stainless Black Diamond XR! I once paid more than $150 just for a walnut stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back