T/C Cherokee Trigger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Possum

Reaction score
I recently purchased a T/C Cherokee in 32 caliber. Being excited that I'd found one & at a reasonable enough price that I could afford, I hastily looked the pictures over for obvious flaws or signs of bad handling of which I could find none. So, I bought the rifle, it gets to me, I open it up & I find instead of the double set triggers I'm used to seeing, there is but 1 lonely trigger. Then I shot it. Kinda like pulling a horse over with 1 finger! I've since done the poor boy adjustments & it's not a bad pull. However there is just something wrong about looking at this rifle sitting next to my Hawken & it having a single trigger. Does anyone know if I'd have to change anything other than the stock, trigger & guard to have double set triggers on this rifle?
Thanks!
TH

I recently purchased a T/C Cherokee in 32 caliber. Being excited that I'd found one & at a reasonable enough price that I could afford, I hastily looked the pictures over for obvious flaws or signs of bad handling of which I could find none. So, I bought the rifle, it gets to me, I open it up & I find instead of the double set triggers I'm used to seeing, there is but 1 lonely trigger. Then I shot it. Kinda like pulling a horse over with 1 finger! I've since done the poor boy adjustments & it's not a bad pull. However there is just something wrong about looking at this rifle sitting next to my Hawken & it having a single trigger. Does anyone know if I'd have to change anything other than the stock, trigger & guard to have double set triggers on this rifle?
Thanks!
TH

That would do it, they use the same lock. You might be better off buying a .45 Cherokee for $400ish, selling your stock and trigger and whatever parts you don’t need from the .45.

Last edited:
I’d either work on the single trigger and get it to where I could live with it or, as suggested, buy a 45 Cherokee to put the 32 barrel on. Then if you don’t want/need two guns put the 45 barrel on the single trigger stock & sell it.

My opinion & yer welcome to it.

Have you tried Caine's Outdoor in Williamstown,WV.? They carry the new style double, I don't personally know the difference. Maybe they can set you on the right path. There are some on ebay for sale for Cherokee/Seneca also. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back