T/C customer dis-service!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a brand new T/C Triumph a few weeks ago. Shot it this past weekend, and it shot very accurately with T7 and Shock Wave Sabots. The problem was with using Winchester 209 primers it took two hands to lock up the action, but the primers ignited properly. Federal primers closed up easily with minimal effort.
When I got back home I used a caliper on the primers, and yes indeed, the Winchester 209’s were .02 longer than the Federals. I figured T/C had a bad breech plug so I called customer service and spoke to some lady there who told me yes, some customers have complained about that, and I should not use Winchester primers! I told her I wanted a new breech plug, one that would accept easily ANY brand of primer and she said no, every gun is different! I explained the difficulty of finding any primers in my area, and I did not want to have to search for any specific brand. She basically told me tough ****! They will not supply another breech plug.!
I told her this would be my last T/C or Smith &Wesson product, but she did not seem to care. With customer service like this it’s probably a good thing that T/C is getting out of the muzzleloader business. This is a far cry from the great customer service I received when T/C was in Rochester,NH.

I’ve been shooting a Triumph for about 11 years. CCI 209M is the best primer by far for mine. Winchester and 777 primers didn’t work in mine, same issue that you stated.

I have been shooting an TC Omega thumb hole laminate for about 10years. Have never had any problems with the Winchester primers, or any other brand I’ve tried. Shot 777 pellets with a 250g hornady sst just fine. Now switching to BH 209 to simply avoid the crud ring between shots.

My Accura likes the Win 209 primers. No blowback. But I haven't seen any on the shelves for several years. I was looking to reload some shotgun shells and found a brick of really old Win 209s. Eureka.

RusticBob, you could make money on that flag. If you're near Albuquerque sometime, PM me and I'll trade you for those Win 209s.

My Optima pistol crushes Fed 209s. Mighty tough to close, you have to be deliberate and sometimes I have to try twice and I ain't no pipsqueak, but I get NO blowby even with 63g W of Blackhorn.

Latest posts

Back