T/C Encore Endeavor and BH209 Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWyatt

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a T/C Encore Endeaver and wants to make the switch to BH209 next year and asked me for help. I know absolutely nothing about this gun, can anyone help me help him please? Does he need a different breech plug like I do in my CVA's? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated - what does he need, bullet suggestions, breech plug, primers, recommended powder vol., etc. Thanks in advance!

You should be good to go. The nose of the plug is good for BH209. The plug is a little long so just make sure you use a man primer to get as much heat to the powder as possible and keep the flame channel clean. Basically like any other plug with BH209.

Notice the pic of the plug. That plug is either a Endeavor/Triumph plug or very similar to it.
https://www.blackhorn209.com/specs/breech-plug-cleaning/
Keep it cleaned out with a 1/8th" bit by hand. You may need a smaller bit first but the channel should be 1/8th" when clean.
breach_kit.png

In the longer plugs its probably a good idea to use either a CCI209M or FED209A. Both are mag primers.

Back