T/C Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree with ourway77. Please save your face and a life: get into reloading or buy a firearm designed to handle that function.

Completely agree with ourway77. Please save your face and a life: get into reloading or buy a firearm designed to handle that function.

SMI has been selling smokeless Douglas barrels for Encores for ages. Probably even before Savage offered the MLII. Currently you can buy smokeless Brux/MGM 45cal ONLY barrels from Luke at ASG and Hankins Custom Rifle. Neither one stocks them in 50cal. You would have to go to Smokeless Muzzloader Inc aka SMI if you want one in 50cal. Their reviews have not been all that great last i heard. The barrels are ok but the CS was lacking.

Thanks to each for your reply. The only smokeless I have used is with my Savage MLll. I do have an Encore ML that has beautiful wood. I have gotten used to smokeless and would like to convert my Encore. It seems that Arrowhead sporting would be the best choice for me. A note, my Savage was modified by Rick Libby and it is a shooter.

I don’t know what barrels you have for your Encore. But if you have a 45/70 or 450 marlin barrel it can be converted to smokeless by installing a breech plug. If you already have the barrel it would be the cheapest way to go.

Like I said I have no idea what barrels you have. But a lot of Encore owners have several different barrels for them. So it’s just a thought.

As already stated, you have two ways to go. Either buy a smokeless muzzleloader barrel for your Encore or a 45-70 barrel and have a smokeless breech plug installed. When you go with a .45 smokeless barrel, you are probably going to want to get an adjustable smooth sizing die. Arrowhead also has the Swinglock die available for $160, While it is possible to find some bullets that will fit the bore without sizing, it is much easier to have a die and size your bullets to fit, IMO. You will need a reloading press in order to use the die.

Latest posts

Back